Kane County Law Library & Self Help Legal Center
37 West 777 Route 38
St. Charles, IL 60175 View Map
View their website
Located on the second floor of the Kane County Judicial Center, the Kane County Law Library & Self Help Legal Center supports the general public and those in the legal professions with their quest for governmental and legal information.
It is the vision of the Kane County Law Library & Self Help Legal Center to openly advocate for and fiercely support equal access to justice through:
• Assisting the public in their efforts to understand and use the legal system effectively and efficiently
• Creating informed consumers with realistic expectations of the legal system
• Ensuring equal access to legal and governmental information in the most cost effective manner
• Creating positive contacts and experiences between the public and the legal system
The Kane County Law Library Self Help Legal Center gives the public a place to learn about the legal system and the steps involved in going to court in Kane County. Professional librarians are on staff to guide patrons to resources and teach them how to use the materials effectively and efficiently. Additionally, the Kane County Law Library & Self Help Legal Center has the following goals:
• To better serve the needs of pro-se litigants
• To provide additional user friendly materials to pro-se litigants that will help increase efficiency in the court system
• And to assist and educate the public on how to use available legal resources.
The Kane County Law Library & Self Help Legal Center uses a combination of print, internet, and database resources to better meet the various access needs of its patrons. Along with free pamphlets there is a selection of self-help legal publications available for check out.
Staff lists are only available to legal aid advocates.
Printed from: www.illinoislegalaid.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=directory.showOrgDetails&organizationID=359