OrganizaciónDomestic Violence Legal Clinic
Información sobre financiamiento
- We will accept applications from law students/grads who have funding.
- We will help law students/grads find external funding if needed.
- We will accept applications from work study law students.
- We will accept applications from law students seeking academic credit or participating in an externship through their law school.
- We will accept applications from law students/grads who do not have funding.
Sobre la organización
Domestic Violence Legal Clinic serves survivors of domestic violence who need legal assistance.
We use our location at the Cook County Domestic Violence Courthouse (555 W. Harrison, Chicago) to provide same-day services for people who need Orders of Protection. Our intake hours are Monday - Friday, from 8:30-1:30 (or until we reach capacity).
To apply for our Order of Protection services, come to our office during our intake hours to complete an intake. We suggest arriving as close to 8:30 as possible. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to represent you. DVLC also provides comprehensive family law services and representation for undocumented domestic violence survivors seeking relief under VAWA or through a U-VISA.
To apply for family law or immigration assistance, please call our office at 312-325-9155.