- The Chicago Bar Association
- The Chicago Bar Foundation
This multimedia, interactive video and panel presentation will help legal professionals better understand the life circumstances and day-to-day challenges of their clients who are experiencing poverty. The program will provide practical strategies to help legal professionals communicate more effectively with their clients and improve client services and case outcomes.
- Understanding Poverty from an Insider’s Perspective
- Defining Poverty and Understanding Its Impacts on Justice
- Judging and How to Overcome It
- Styles of Communication & Breaking Down Communication Barriers
Video clips presented will feature Dr. Donna M. Beegle, President, Communication Across Barriers
Additional speakers will be announced.