- Illinois Legal Aid Online
- Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation
- Prairie State Legal Services, Inc.
Online or telephone
Please sign up to participate in our conversation by clicking the 'Register' button. An email will be sent to you with log-in / call-in information.
Please join us for the launch of a new legal advocate discussion group for people helping survivors of domestic abuse & sexual assault. We will kick off the group with an informal, live conversation, discussing:
- mandatory e-filing and its effect on survivors without lawyers who are seeking protection from Illinois Courts
- participant input on ideas for new or revised resources on IllinoisLegalAid.org - including trainings (videos, webinars, etc.), guides, forms, etc. to better help advocates do their work
- reminders and tips about using technology more safely
- how to register for and participate in the group (logistics)
The new group is a part of the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) grants, distributed by the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA), but any legal aid advocate working in areas of personal safety is encouraged to participate.