OrganizationIllinois Legal Aid Online
ILAO interns work with attorneys to develop articles and resources on a wide variety of areas of the law. Interns help us develop and maintain innovative, critical legal information on the web by:
- Researching and editing legal education materials and forms for the public
- Testing and publishing online legal information
- Collaborating with other law students and attorneys
If you are ready for a challenging but rewarding internship, click "apply now!"
- We will accept applications from law students/grads who have funding.
- We will accept applications from work study law students.
- We will accept applications from law students seeking academic credit or participating in an externship through their law school.
- We will accept applications from law students/grads who do not have funding.
About the Organization
Illinois Legal Aid Online (ILAO) puts the law within reach for all, regardless of income or location. As the statewide legal services technology center, ILAO streamlines the delivery of free and pro bono legal services to lower-income Illinois residents, and delivers easy-to-understand legal information and help to those who can't afford a lawyer.
ILAO's mission is: to increase access to justice for lower-income and vulnerable Illinois residents through the innovative use of technology to assist and educate the public and to train and support legal aid providers and pro bono attorneys.
Illinois Legal Aid Online's programs provide essential legal services and support 24/7 to legal aid and pro bono attorneys, pro se litigants and lower-income individuals and families through its website.