LAF makes equal justice a reality and gets people back on track. For over 50 years, LAF (formerly called Legal Assistance Foundation) has provided free legal assistance in non-criminal issues to people living in poverty in metropolitan Chicago. LAF’s more than 150 full-time attorneys, staff, and volunteers help resolve legal problems including domestic violence, consumer fraud, and unfair evictions. Our work stabilizes lives by increasing safety, protecting economic security, and preventing homelessness. In addition to representing individuals in court and administrative hearings, we run community legal clinics, provide know-your-rights workshops, and work with community-based organizations to address emerging issues as well as the persistent and chronic problems that affect low-income families. Our work impacts more than 30,000 people each year.
Position: The Grants and Data Administrator assists with all of LAF’s government and private grants and contracts which total over $5,000,000 annually. They work with program staff, External Relations and Finance to provide the information needed for all funder reports. They also provide data needed for program staff to ensure grant compliance as well as for marketing and fundraising purposes. They assist with the External Relations database and website as well. The Grants and Data Administrator is part of a 5-person External Relations Department and reports to the Director of Foundation and Government Grants.
- Maintain administrative grant calendar and other grant documents
- Creates and distributes summaries of grants for program and finance staff
- Work with program staff and finance department to ensure timely submission of all funder reports
- Create and run reports needed for program staff to evaluate projects; for external relations staff to promote LAF work and for funding reports.
- Grants assistance (collating, collecting attachments, delivering grants/reports, etc.)
- Maintain, develop, and run reports in LAF’s case management database, donor database and Crystal Reports
- Research potential funders and new grant opportunities
- Create and analyze data to support grant applications, new initiatives, and program evaluation
- Work with finance on development of budgets and reports.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and some nonprofit experience. They must have excellent computer, excel and database skills, be able to multi-task, have strong interpersonal skills. Experience using Crystal Reports or similar data analysis software is a plus. Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and presentation is crucial as is excellent analytical and evaluative skills. They must have the ability to take initiative and be a leader, be able to address issues in a timely manner, and be a self-starter. Commitment to LAF’s mission.
Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience. Generous fringe benefits.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of two professional references by June 12, 2018 to: email@example.com. Be sure to write “Grants and Data Administrator” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls, please.
LAF values diversity, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of disability and encourages candidates with experience working with our client population to apply.
About the organization
LAF (formerly the Legal Assistance Foundation) provides free civil legal services to individuals and families in Chicago and suburban Cook County who are unable to afford an attorney. Households with limited assets and income at or below 150% of the federal poverty line may qualify for free legal help.
We have higher income limits for homeowners at risk of foreclosure, seniors, veterans, people living with HIV-AIDS, and domestic violence survivors seeking protection from an abuser.