- Civic Legal Corps
We are currently seeking an experienced part-time/temporary staff attorney to work in our West Loop office. The attorney will assist with all aspects of representing low to moderate income individuals in family law matters. There is potential for the part-time/temporary position to become a part-time/permanent position and/or a supervisory position, if funding permits. However, at this time, Civic Legal Corps does not receive any grants and relies almost exclusively on client fees to operate.
This position is ideal for an experienced family law attorney who seeks to work in a small, non-profit setting with a lighter caseload and is looking for a flexible schedule, such as a 3-4 day work week.
In addition to the requirements below, the staff attorney should possess a strong desire to make a difference and work toward increasing access to justice for low and moderate income individuals. A background in non-profit management or working in a non-profit setting is highly desirable.
1) Currently licensed to practice law in Illinois and in good standing
2) Significant legal aid and/or family law experience in Cook County
3) Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task and work independently
4) Available to work in the office during normal business hours (not a remote position)
5) Excellent legal research and computer skills
6) Preference given to bilingual (English-Spanish) applicants
7) Must have laptop with Microsoft Office suite
Other Desired Qualifications
- Passionate about non-profit work particularly in the area of family law
- Comfortable in a fast-paced setting that may require covering emergency matters in court
- Experience supervising interns and other volunteers