OrganizationNational Immigrant Justice Center
LocationCan be done anywhere
Represent the National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) in filing and litigating Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and analyzing the data secured through the FOIA. NIJC often files FOIA requests to the Departments of Homeland Security and Justice to secure information regarding practices and policies. Given the extensive resources needed to prepare these cases, NIJC partners with law firms rather than individual attorneys to ensure adequate resources for case management.
About the organization
Heartland Alliance's National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) is dedicated to ensuring human rights protections and access to justice for all immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers.
The National Immigrant Justice Center provides immigration legal services to low-income immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers.Our staff of attorneys and paralegals are ready to provide immigration legal help to:
- Immigrants applying for family-based permanent resident status and citizenship
- Survivors or witnesses of violence seeking U visas
- Individuals applying for Temporary Protected Status or NACARA
- Immigrant survivors of human trafficking
- Individuals facing deportation
- Asylum seekers
- LGBT and HIV-positive immigrants fleeing persecution
- Detained immigrant adults and children
- DACA and other humanitarian relief
- NIJC charges income-based fees for some consultations and services.