This is a recording of a meeting of the Chicago Bar Association Legal Aid Committee.
First, Kimberly Mills from Cabrini Green Legal Aid (CGLA) discusses recent changes to expungement and sealing laws in Illinois for both adults and juveniles and what expanded relief options may be available for potential clients with criminal records.
Next, Vanessa Esparza-Lopez and Mark Fleming from the National Immigrant Justice Network (NIJC) talk about the TRUST Act and lead a high level discussion of what a potential client's rights are in relation to immigration enforcement (i.e. what does it look like when an immigration warrant is executed, do you have to let ICE in, etc...).
Then, Jill Roberts of the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts (AOIC) gives an update on e-filing.
Finally, Angela Inzano of the Chicago Bar Foundation conducts voting on two legislative proposals for the year.
- Kimberly Mills, Cabrini Green Legal Aid
- Vanessa Esparza-Lopez, National Immigrant Justice Center
- Mark Fleming, National Immigrant Justice Center
- Susan DeCostanza, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (moderator)
- Jill Roberts, Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts
- Angela Inzano, Chicago Bar Foundation
Updated: December 2017