Form completion time: 15 minutes to 25 minutes
You will not be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
To use this program:
- You must be 18 or older
- You must have been discriminated against by someone during a housing or real estate transaction based on your race, ethnicity, relgion, sexual orientation, or other trait;
- The property involved must be located in Illinois;
- You must not have a pending lawsuit against the same party about the same set of facts;
- You must not a have a pending administrative proceeding against the same party about the same set of issues; AND
- You must not have a final judgment in any court or administrative proceeding that says you cannot file another lawsuit or complaint against the same party about the same set of facts.
You cannot use this program if the property is:
- An apartment building with 4 or fewer units and the owner lives in the building;
- A single-room occupancy building
- A bedroom in someone else's home, OR
- Religious housing.
You cannot use this program if it has been more than a year since the discrimination took place.
To complete this program, you will need:
- The name, address, and phone number of the person or company who discriminated against you;
- The dates when the discrimination took place; AND
- The name, address, and phone number of anyone who witnessed the discrimination take place.