Form completion time: 20 minutes to 30 minutes
You will not be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
To use this program:
- You must be 18 or older;
- You must have been discriminated against by a public official, a place of education, or someone in any public place of accommodation, such as a business, entertainment, recreation, or transportation facility;
- You must not have a pending lawsuit against the same party about the same set of facts;
- You must not a have a pending administrative proceeding against the same party about the same set of issues; AND
- You must not have a final judgment in any court or administrative proceeding prohibiting you from filing another lawsuit or complaint against the same party about the same set of facts.
To complete this program, you will need:
- The name, address, and phone number of the person, business, or organization that discriminated against you;
- The dates when the discrimination took place; AND
- The name, address, and phone number of anyone who witnessed the discrimination take place.
This program prepares the following forms. The forms you get will depend on your answers.
- How to File an IDHR Public Accommodations Discrimination Complaint
- IDHR Public Accommodations Information Sheet