There are both advantages and disadvantages in purchasing a franchise instead of starting the same kind of business on your own.
- A brand name that is already known to the public,
- Business methods and procedures that others have found to be successful,
- A franchisor-sponsored training program, and
- Advertising and marketing support, or sales leads that will help you attract customers.
- The initial franchise fees and monthly payments to the company,
- An inability to make totally independent decisions on running your business, and
- The possibility that the franchisor will open company-owned outlets or appoint other franchisees in areas too close to the area in which you are authorized to operate.