Form completion time: 20 minutes to 60 minutes
You will be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
DO NOT USE if you are changing only your own name. Instead, use the Name change for an adult program.
To use this program:
- You must be seeking to change the name of your spouse or minor children;
- You must have lived in Illinois for at least 6 months.
- No one whose name you want to change was convicted of an identity theft or sexual crime; AND
- No one whose name you want to change was convicted of a felony (unless at least 10 years have passed since the completion of their last sentence).
This program prepares the following forms. The forms you get will depend on your answers.
- Affidavit Regarding Non-Petitioning Parent
- Cook County Division Action Cover Sheet
- Judgment Order
- Cook County Name Change Petition - Exhibit A
- Cook County Petition for Name Change
- Illinois Petition for Adult Name Change
- Letter to Newspaper
- Notice of Filing of Petition for Change of Name
- Order for Change of Name