To use this form, the following must be true:
- You are the mother or father of the child;
- Legal parentage of the child(ren) has already been established by court order (including any divorce order that describe the child as “child of the marriage”) or by signing of a valid Voluntary Acknowledgment of Parentage (VAP) for the child;
- You are not currently married to the Respondent (the other parent); AND
- The child(ren) have certain connections to Illinois.
NOTE: This form can be completed for multiple children at once.
To complete this program, you will need to know:
- The other parent's address, age, and occupation;
- All of the addresses the child has lived at in the past 5 years;
- Whether anyone other than you and the other parent claims to have rights to make important decisions for the child;
- Whether there are any other court cases involving the parents or the children; AND
- Whether you want to split decision-making responsibilites and parenting time with the other parent.
Updated: June 2017