For a refund of $2,150 a customer would typically pay the following fees, which amount to a 239% APR* for an RAL or RAC:
- A loan fee (including temporary bank account): at least $100
- An application or administrative fee**: at least $30
- A tax preparation fee: at least $145
- Check cashing fee: at least $65
- The total cost is at least $340
*APR is calculated based on a $132 finance fee, not including the tax preparation fee.
** Some tax preparers no longer charge an application or administrative fee.