Form completion time: 30 minutes to 45 minutes
Save answers allowed?: Yes
NOTE: If you have children with your spouse, use the Divorce with children program instead.
To use this program, the following must be true:
- You want to end a marriage or civil union;
- You or your spouse have lived in Illinois for at least 90 days;
- You do not have another divorce case already filed and still pending somewhere else;
- No children were born or adopted during the marriage or civil union; AND
- Neither spouse is pregnant or in the process of adopting a child.
To complete this program, you will need to know:
- The date you were married;
- The date you were physically separated;
- The city, county, state, and country where you were married; AND
- The current home address for your spouse or other address where your spouse can be found.
You will also need to be able to list:
- All personal property, including bank accounts that you and your spouse own together or separately;
- All real estate that you and your spouse own or have an interest in, whether together or separately;
- All claims for money for injuries or damages that you or your spouse have suffered;
- All pension and retirement accounts that you or your spouse have; AND
- All the debts that you and your spouse have made since you got married, together or separately.
This program prepares the following forms. The forms you get will depend on your answers.
- How to Get a Divorce (No Children)
- Petition for Dissolution of Marriage/Civil Union (Divorce No Children)
- Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage/Civil Union (Divorce No Children)
- Marital Real Estate Attachment
- Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage, Invalidity or Legal Separation
- Summons - Petition for Dissolution of Marriage/Civil Union
- Entry of Appearance (Petition for Dissolution of Marriage/Civil Union)
- Non-Marital Real Estate
- Additional Debts and Liabilities (Divorce No Children)
- Additional Personal Property or Bank Accounts (Divorce No Children)