This program will help you prepare your documents. It will ask you questions and you will enter your answers. At the end of the program, you will get a completed set of court forms with instructions that you can save and print.
Form completion time: 10 minutes to 20 minutes
You will not be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
Before using this program, you must:
- Wait until 45 days have passed since you moved out of your apartment; AND
- Send a letter to your landlord demanding the return of your security deposit.
You cannot use this program if:
- You are not at least 18 years old;
- Your rental unit is located outside of Chicago;
- Your landlord lives in your building and there are fewer than 7 rental units in the building;
- Your retnal unit is in a hotel, motel, inn, rooming house, or boarding house (unless you lived there for more than 31 days and paid monthly rent);
- Your rental unit is in a hospital, convent, monastery, extended care facility, temporary overnight or transitional shelter, or school dormitory; OR
- Your rental unit is in a building owned by your employer, and you only have the right to live in the building if you are employed in or around the building.