Form completion time: 20 minutes to 30 minutes
You will not be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
This program can be used to change the name of up to 4 minor children.
To use this program, the following must be true:
- You must be 18 or older; AND
- You must have lived in Illinois for at least 6 months.
Also, you must have one of the following relationships with the minor children:
- Be the parent with custody; OR
- Be a guardian with legal custody; OR
- The children have lived in your home for 3 years and are recognized as your adopted children.
To complete this program, you will need:
- The name, birth date, address, birthplace, and criminal history of the children; AND
- The name and address of the other parents or people with physical custody of the children.
This program prepares the following forms. The forms you get will depend on your answers.
Updated: November 2017