To use this form, the following must be true:
- You signed a VAP because of fraud, duress, or material mistake of fact and you want to undo it;
- The VAP was filed with the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services OR, if the VAP was filed in another state, the other parent who signed the VAP lives in Illinois; AND
- The deadline for you to rescind (cancel) the VAP outside of court has passed. (You usually have 60 days from the effective date of the VAP to rescind it, but the deadline may be shorter if there is a court case about the child.) If you are within the timeframe to rescind the VAP, you should rescind the VAP outside of court instead of bringing a court case
To complete this form, you will need:
- The address of the mother and the other person who signed the Denial of Parentage (if applicable);
- The date the VAP and Denial of Parentage (if applicable) were filed with the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services; AND
- Your reason for asking the court to vacate (undo) the VAP you signed.